1. CHOOSE A PROFESSOR – It is best to choose the faculty member that will best fit your educational goals. You will need to e-mail them to request that they serve as your major professor. We recommend finding a major professor before submitting your application and paying the application fee. This does not apply to online graduate programs. Visit our faculty directory for contact information: https://sfws.auburn.edu/faculty-directory/
2. APPLY – http://graduate.auburn.edu/prospective-students/application-instructions/ The application fee is non-refundable.
3. CV/RESUME AND STATEMENT OF INTENT– After you have secured a major professor, please e-mail a copy of your CV/Resume along with a letter of intent (personal statement) to Graduate Student Services. The letter should be addressed to your major professor and/or Dr. Daowei Zhang, Associate Dean of Research.
4. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS – Official transcripts need to be mailed to the Auburn University Graduate School, 106 B Hargis Hall, Auburn, AL 36849 Domestic transcripts can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCORE – Successful international applicants must score at least 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper version (pBT), 213 on the computer version (cBT), and 79 on the internet version (iBT). Additionally, successful applicants must score minimums of 16 on the listening, reading, speaking, and writing components of the iBT. Auburn University’s ETS institution code is 1005. Auburn will also accept a 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. http://graduate.auburn.edu/prospective-students/general-admission-requirements/
6. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION – You will need three letters of recommendation. Your references can submit their information to your online application. http://graduate.auburn.edu/prospective-students/application-instructions/
7. SUPPORT LETTER – Request that your major professor provide a letter of support to Graduate Student Services after your application packet is complete.
8. GRADUATE SCHOOL LINK – Please review the Graduate School website for additional information. http://graduate.auburn.edu/prospective-students/
Applications and all relevant material must be received by the Graduate School at least 90 days prior for international students and 45 days prior for domestic students before the first day of class of the semester in which you wish to begin.